Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Marathon Art 2008

The 26.2 with Donna paintings are under way.
Currently I am working with Donna (and the foundation team) to establish avenues for fundraising opportunities for this work. Preliminary plans are to promote the sale of paintings and prints through a couple VIP events as well as a booth at the race expo before the marathon. I’ll keep you posted.
I’m really enjoying the painting process. My original studies were loose enough to allow me to push colors and make slight adjustments to the compositions. Hopefully the energy of the painted figures and their distinctive sunlit surroundings will inspire people and help tell the marathon training story.
I will post additional paintings next week.
The team will be running on the beach this Saturday, January 12.
January 19 (week 34 of training), we will run a full marathon on the Rail Trail.
February 17 (race day) is getting close…

…GULP!

No comments: